Another best practice for the Sunday school teacher is to constantly take opportunities to "sharpen the saw." There are numerous resources available. Here are a few you may want to consider:
- Arn, Charles, Donald McGavran, and Win Arn. (1980). Growth: A New Vision for the Sunday School.
- Hall, Kenneth F. (1995). Bridges to Teaching: A Basic Guide for Teaching in the Church.
- Harper, Albert F. (1956). The Sunday School Teacher.
- Haystead, Wes. (1995). The 21st Century Sunday School: Strategies for Today and Tomorrow.
- Johnston, Ray. (1996). Help! I'm a Sunday School Teacher.
- Neece, William C. How to Be a Successful Sunday School Teacher.
- Schultz, Thom and Joani. (1993). Why Nobody Learns Much of Anything at Church: And How to Fix It.
- Toler, Stan. (1995). 101 Ways to Grow a Healthy Sunday School.
- Christian Teacher's Training. http://trainbibleteachers.com/training-resources.htm
- Ministry Tools Resource Center. http://mintools.com/teacher-training.htm
- Pennsylvania State Sunday School Association. http://www.sundayschoolhelp.org
- Teacher Training - Sunday School. http://www.sunday-school-center.com/teacher-training.html
- Sunday School Teacher Training. https://www.m2820.com/sunday-school-teacher-training-3