In "Doctrinal Discussion", Dr. Glenn McClure points out five insights on divine healing from James 5:14-20:
- The person who is sick must want the healing.
- The church leaders not only directed this request for healing to God, but also acknowledged that only God could bring it about.
- We must pray in faith; faith is a prerequisite for healing.
- We should not overlook those who are praying and the one for whom prayer is offered.
- We must consider the intensity of the prayer of faith.
For deeper explanation of these insights, please see your Adult Teacher's Insights, pages 37-38.